Congratulations to graduating class of 2016
Please join us in congratulating the Rice CHBE graduating class of 2016!
Click here for a photo album of the commencement weekend.
CHBE students win awards at the 1st Smalley-Curl Institute Symposium
Please join us in congratulating the following students who won awards at the first Smalley-Curl Institute Transdisciplinary Symposium (2016):
- Shaghayegh Agah for “Photoluminescence Properties Spectroscopic Characterization of Functionalized Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”.
- Vida Jamali for “Wetting Behavior, Shape and Morphology of Sessile Lyotropic Liquid Crystal Micro-Droplets on Solid Surfaces".
CHBE students win awards from the Rice Engineering Alumni
Please join us in congratulating the following students who won awards at the 2016 REA end-of-year event:
- Teju Krishna- Robert H. Parks, Jr. Prize for Excellence in Engineering Leadership
- Caroline Zhu- Overall Outstanding Senior
- Seth Padmabandu- Senior Award for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Justin Trenor- Junior Award for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Jake Hassell- Phil Layton Award for Excellence in the Arts
- Kentrell Owen- Engineering Hardhat Volunteer Award
Biotech boon: Natural enzymes on an unnatural path
Research work from Dr. Ramon Gonzalez's lab has been published in Nature Biotechnology. This work describes the creation of a new metabolic pathway that aids bacteria in using enzymes in unique ways, and helps in the efficient production of high value chemicals.
Learn More from Nature Biotechnology
Rice CHBE department ranks at #22 for Graduate School Programs
The U.S News and World Report's "Best Graduate Schools 2017" ranks the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department at Rice University at #22 (out of 132) for its graduate program.