Molecular Nanotechnology Faculty Search is Open
The George R. Brown School of Engineering is looking for new faculty in the area of molecular nanotechnology, specifically applicants with research emphasis in sustainable energy, catalysis and polymer/soft-matter.
Click here for for more information as well as the application link
Congratulations to Prof. Antonius Mikos for being elected to the Academy of Athens
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Antonius G. Mikos from the CHBE department for his election to the Academy of Athens, which is the national academy of Greece and the country's highest research establishment. Dr. Mikos has been elected as a corresponding member is the section of the Sciences.
Congratulations to graduating class of 2016
Please join us in congratulating the Rice CHBE graduating class of 2016!
Click here for a photo album of the commencement weekend.
CHBE students win awards at the 1st Smalley-Curl Institute Symposium
Please join us in congratulating the following students who won awards at the first Smalley-Curl Institute Transdisciplinary Symposium (2016):
- Shaghayegh Agah for “Photoluminescence Properties Spectroscopic Characterization of Functionalized Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”.
- Vida Jamali for “Wetting Behavior, Shape and Morphology of Sessile Lyotropic Liquid Crystal Micro-Droplets on Solid Surfaces".
CHBE students win awards from the Rice Engineering Alumni
Please join us in congratulating the following students who won awards at the 2016 REA end-of-year event:
- Teju Krishna- Robert H. Parks, Jr. Prize for Excellence in Engineering Leadership
- Caroline Zhu- Overall Outstanding Senior
- Seth Padmabandu- Senior Award for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Justin Trenor- Junior Award for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Jake Hassell- Phil Layton Award for Excellence in the Arts
- Kentrell Owen- Engineering Hardhat Volunteer Award